Thứ Ba, 28 tháng 7, 2015

Neymar: It would be an honour to make Ballon d'Or top three with Messi & Ronaldo

The Brazilian is in contention for the most prestigious individual accolade in football after playing a key role in Barcelona's treble triumph last term
Neymar insists that he would be happy just to be shortlisted for this year's Ballon d'Or, admitting that he would be honoured to share a podium with Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Brazil international is a major contender for the 2016 award, after playing a key role in Barcelona's treble triumph, with the 23-year-old most notably scoring in every single Champions League game the Catalans played from the quarter-finals on.
However, he has downplayed his chances of becoming the first man other than Messi or Ronaldo to lift the trophy since Kaka in 2007.
"Just being one of the three finalists would be a great achievement for me," Neymar told TV Globo.
"It would be a dream to find myself up there next to Messi and Cristiano. It would be a great honour."
Neymar, of course, plays alongside Messi at Barcelona and he has nothing but gratitude for the way in which the Argentine has helped him settle at Camp Nou, following his arrival from Santos in 2013.
"They said that we would fight and that he would not pass me the ball," the Selecao skipper stated.
"But he welcomed me in an incredible way and, still today, who gives me more assistance in my career?
"For me, Leo is both a friend and an idol."
Neymar's transfer to Barca has become the subject of a criminal investigation in Spain, with those involved in the deal accused of having hidden the true cost of the deal.
Sandro Rosell stood down as club president in order to focus on contesting charges of embezzlement, while his successor, Josep Maria Bartomeu, continues to be dogged by accusations that he was involved in the alleged financial irregularities.
Neymar's father is also under investigation in Brazil for tax evasion, given €40 million of the reported €57m deal was paid to a family-owned company. However, the striker insists that Neymar senior is completely innocent.
"My father has already clarified the situation many times but it seems that some people do not understand and the subject keeps coming up," he added.
"But this whole issue does not affect me on the field. In fact, when I go to play, it does not affect me at all,.
"But I just hope that my father will be left in peace."

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét